Update | April 26, 2018: This post was originally published on Nov 7, 2015. We’ve since published more up-to-date data on our diversity and inclusion efforts. You can read about our most recent initiatives to further diversity and inclusion at Patreon here: Updated: Diversity and Inclusion at Patreon.
- Encourage open conversations and information-sharing on our #diversity Slack channel
- Don’t shy away from tough conversations around diversity and inclusion and, as with all conversations at Patreon, we ask that these conversations are direct and done with compassion
- Participate in Project Include
- Prioritize more diversity in our technical candidate pool over the speed of hiring
- Require all managers participate in Diversity and Inclusion training, and we expect all hiring managers to build diverse and inclusive teams
- Provide company-wide training sessions each quarter focused on diversity and inclusion
- Apply the lens of diversity to our hiring practices by implementing the Rooney Rule
- Provide only gender-neutral restrooms
- Encourage and support continuous learning by providing each team member up to $3,000 per year for work-related education and mentorship programs
- Offer support for caregivers – Patreon offers 12 weeks paid time off for disability and caregiver leave, plus a flexible sick leave policy
- Make our workplace inclusive for parents by offering 12 weeks paid parental leave; if you’re a new mother, we provide a mother’s room for your comfort and convenience
- Provide inclusive benefits that support mental health, the transgender community, same sex couples and domestic partners, conception and fertility packages for all kinds of partners, and more
- Sponsor teammate-driven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) for teammates to connect, learn and support each other
- We are committed and aligned as a company to improve diversity and inclusion and reflect on current programs quarterly to ensure we are tracking toward meeting our OKRs and goals. We seek to be champions in this space!