Leverage the Power of GetVokl Live Streaming to Grow Your Patreon Revenue
Looking for a new way to connect with your patrons? GetVokl helps podcasters, live-streamers, and vloggers unleash the potential of their audiences. How? By making it easy to stream interactive live-shows on their social video platform.
Use GetVokl to engage with, inspire, and expand your audience.
Yes, many creators tap into social media to connect with their audience, but you may not know that live video streaming is one of the most effective channels to engage with your current and potential patrons. This overlooked channel is a perfect fit for driving deeper fan loyalty. In fact, when it comes to effort and investment of time the ROI speaks volumes.
Sure, not every social media channel is a perfect fit for every creator, but if you’re up for real-time engagement with your audience and thrive in a spontaneous and unscripted environment, you might just be the perfect GetVokl livestream host! Need another reason to consider hosting an exclusive GetVokl event and offering your patrons an exclusive tier to participate? Creators have yielded as high as a 20% increase in $5 month tier patrons from just one promoted Exclusive GetVokl live stream event.
“Creators have yielded as high as a 20% increase in $5 month tier patrons from just one promoted Exclusive GetVokl live stream event.”
So why do your most ardent fans leap at the chance to connect with you via live stream? Because going live means unrehearsed real-time interaction, and your patrons love authenticity. Ready to give it a try? Here’s a quick GetVokl-Patreon playbook you can follow to ensure successful results.
Setting it up
- Set up a “special” tier on Patreon just for this.
- Go to GetVokl and connect your Patreon account: https://about.getvokl.com/patreon
- Next create your event on GetVokl (make sure to connect to your Patreon account, and select the new tier you just created.)
- Paste the link to the GetVokl event in a Patreon Post to the new tier you just created.
- Add instructions so your fans know what to do, here’s an example:
“Here’s the link to the upcoming live event. Make sure to sign into GetVokl with your Patreon info! Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel, to get a reminder.”
Promote, promote, promote!
Arguably the most important step in successfully using GetVokl is your promotion strategy. Here are some ideas that can help you get ahead:
A few weeks out from your live-stream:
- Start a building up the hype to your existing Patreon subscribers, social media followers, and groups.
- Promote the event as a “special” event. Mention that as an audience member, they will be able to engage live with you via either chat or video.
- If you plan anything special for the event like giveaways, guests, happenings, drop hints. Get that FOMO going.
Day of event, create that sense of urgency:
- Send out a reminder to your patrons with a link to the event.
- Ask them to share the event with others that might be interested.
- Re-Post the reminder through-out the day on your social media channels, so your followers don’t miss it.
- If you have an email list send out a blast with a link to the Patreon event.
Here are examples of how Ring Rust Radio’s GetVokl promotions on Patreon:
Here are examples of how Ring Rust Radio’s GetVokl promotions on Twitter:
The main event
Encourage your fans to participate during the event. Take advantage of the interactive format of GetVokl. Prompt your fans to ask questions, and answer them in real time. Here are a few other things to think about as well:
- Tweet and post out teasers of what’s happening during the live event (with a link to the Patreon Post) so that those who haven’t opted in (yet) might be inclined to check it out or attend future live events. Don’t forget to leverage relevant @names and hashtags.
- Plan the live show when a complementary real-world event is happening, for example, Ring Rust Radio scheduled their recent event during the recent WrestleMania Show and offered a virtual alternative for people who couldn’t attend IRL.
- Encourage fans to share the link on social media in real time by giving them a shout out when they do.
After the event
Don’t forget to send a thank you to those who attended on social, your Patreon page, or via and email blast.
- Encourage your fans to share their favorite takeaways from your livestream, review your event, or fill out a questionnaire to suggest any improvements they feel would benefit the event going forward.
- Post a short video with highlights from your event to your social channels.
- Retweet and re-share your fans feedback.
Ready for more evidence that GetVokl gets results? Ring Rust Radio employed many of the tactics we mentioned above and were able to increase their annual Patreon revenue by over $1200 through just one GetVokl Exclusive event.
Ring Rust Radio employed many of the tactics we mentioned above and were able to increase their annual Patreon revenue by over $1200 through just one GetVokl Exclusive event.
They were even able to convert additional subscribers to their new Patreon tier after the event, inviting them to watch the event recording at GetVokl.
Live Interactive shows on GetVokl are not only a way to increase your Patreon revenues and solidify your relationship with your loyal patrons. You can also share in real time, GetVokl content to other social networks, growing your reach exponentially.
OK, time to get camera ready! Learn more here about connecting your Patreon account to your (free) GetVokl account.