Product updates: subscription billing, new audio player, and more
From subscription billing to an upgraded Membership tab, there’s plenty to get excited about this month at Patreon. Plus, we have a new segment where we’ll run you through some smaller updates that’ll make a big impact. Read on to find out more.
1. A new way to bill patrons
Subscription billing has arrived! You can now choose to charge new patrons when they join, and then monthly on that same date, instead of on the first of every month — just as they already expect from other subscriptions. (Nothing changes for current patrons if you switch.) See how to make the switch here.
2. Work smarter
We’re continuing to improve the new redesign thanks to your feedback! You’ll see the return of summarized membership stats about your patron count and pledge amounts right on your creator page. You’ll also be able to access your scheduled and draft posts via quick links, and be able to open multiple tabs to create and edit posts in parallel to help you work more efficiently. See it now.
3. One tab to rule them all
There’s more to see in the Membership tab. Now you can manage tiers, welcome notes, and more all from here. Patrons will see one single view of their membership, including RSS links, Discord, promo codes, and more. Bonus: they can also take a peek at your other tier offerings. Check it out here.
4. Play it loud
Audio just got elevated. We’ve built a more immersive, sleek audio player on the Patreon app, now with improved filtering, more intuitive navigation, and the ability to change playback speed. Take a look (and a listen).
Ever wanted to encourage your visitors to join a specific tier? Keep an eye out for tier highlighting! You’ll be able to choose between highlighting your most popular tier, defaulting to Patreon’s recommendation, or turning this feature off altogether.
This new section is a roundup of all the smaller (but still major) updates that’ll make the experience of running a membership that much better. This month, we’re focusing on improvements to mobile apps and integrations — make sure to download the app on iOS or Android to see if you can spot them all in action.
- Post styling: Inline animated GIFs are now supported. Plus, you’ll notice improved handling of bullets and pull quotes.
- Fullscreen posts: Posts are now more immersive without the nav bar, and our audio mini player now transitions to a floating state when minimized.
- New page design: Your page header now features your profile image in a more immersive, mobile-friendly design. Make sure your profile photo is at least 1024×1024 px so it looks its best to patrons enjoying your content on the app!
- Locked posts: Locked posts are now shown in your feed to prospective patrons visiting your page.
- Post editor: There’s now added support for webP images.
- Creator post list: The styling of ‘Published’ and ‘Drafts’ lists has been updated.
- Android Beta: Get early access to new features and fixes by becoming an Android beta user! Help Patreon develop a world class Android app by being our first participants to catch issues before official releases. Join today by visiting our Google PlayStore page and clicking ‘Join’ under our Beta section.
- Discord: We’re improving our Patreon bot on Discord to ensure appropriate patron access to your server. You can learn more about connecting your Discord here.