For Artists and Creators: 25 Tips to Grow Your Instagram Following
“World’s Most Talked-About New Art Dealer", and we agree. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of 25 ways to grow your Instagram account and sell your art, both at the same time.Vogue dubbed Instagram the
1. Create dope art. Need some motivation? Here’s a pep talk every creator needs to hear.
3. Like other people’s photos to generate more followers and likes for you. According to Neil Patel, you can receive 6.1 more followers for every 100 random photos you like.
4. Mention your Instagram account on your other social media channels. Let your followers know what perks they get when following you (for instance, behind-the-scenes photos, exclusive Q&As, art giveaways, etc.).
5. Quality > quantity, so only post photos you’re proud of and make sense for your brand.
6. Take your bio seriously. Tell your followers who you are and what you do, and make sure to include a link to your site.
7. Research the best time to post on Instagram so your photos get more visibility.
8. Be consistent. Know what you’re posting, who your target audience is, and how many times a week/day/etc. you plan on posting.
9. In your photo captions, use calls to action to keep your followers engaged by encouraging them to participate.
10. Don’t be scared of posting often. As long as you’re not posting “just because,” posting more photos doesn’t lower overall engagement.
Want more posts like this, delivered straight to your inbox?
We share tons of creator resources, inspiration and industry news on the Patreon blog!
11. Geotagging is an awesome way to capture the attention of local users, so definitely use it. If the location you’re looking for doesn’t exist, feel free to create your own.
12. About to embark on an off-the-grid artist retreat? Use tools to schedule your Instagram posts ahead of time.
13. Depending on your aesthetic, keep your photos light. That’s because bright images perform 24% better than dark images.
14. Do less work, and forget the filters. Research suggests that photos with no filters actually lead to higher engagement.
15. Be authentic. You’re a real person, and so are your followers. Respond to their questions, leave thoughtful comments, and be intentional about liking photos.
16. Know how and when to tag people on Instagram.
17. Run an Instagram influencer campaign to promote your art and generate more followers.
18. To boost your brand and increase visibility, create your own hashtag, and encourage your followers to use it.
19. Share candid, behind-the-scenes photos to showcase your brand’s unique personality.
20. Share your followers’ photos, especially ones that mention your art, to encourage others to post photos of your work.
21. Meet Instagram influencers, whether online or in person. Start developing relationships by leaving intentional comments on their photos, and attend or host InstaMeets.
22. Don’t just post photos, tell stories. Not only does storytelling humanize your brand, but it also sells.
23. Create a social media content schedule to keep yourself on track.
24. If you’re selling your art, don’t pressure followers to buy anything. Consider your Instagram a price-free, judgement-free virtual art gallery.
25. Be yourself. Remember: your art rocks, and so do you. Let your awesomeness shine through.
Now that you’ve got some followers, let Patreon help give you the freedom you need to create more bada**, inspiring art.
Patreon is the best way for creators to earn ongoing revenue from their fans.