Product updates: new video features, Discord integration improvements, and more
There are now more ways to connect and share with your community than ever before. Check out our breakdown of what’s new this February… and what’s coming up next:
Share and watch video anywhere
If you have early access to Patreon Video, you now also have access to our mobile app improvements that’ll make sharing and watching videos better for you and your patrons:
- Share videos up to 2 minutes long directly from the mobile app.
- Chromecast is now available! Patrons can stream videos from their mobile device or computer.
Recommend your own tier
You know your community better than anyone. Now you can choose a tier to highlight based on which one you think your patrons will love most. Try it out for yourself by heading to your Membership tab and check out this Help Center article for more details.
Connect your Discord
We’re improving our Discord integration so that everything you need is all in one place. It’s now easier to give patrons in each tier access to specific Discord channels. The updates will also make it easier to identify issues with your integration and resolve them. Stay tuned for improvements to our role syncing coming later this month.
Before you go, we have a few more updates that’ll make your experience on Patreon that much smoother:
- Post impressions: We’re expanding post views into post impressions to give you a broader view of your work’s reach. Post impressions show the number of times your post was displayed to a patron across mobile and web.
- Create wherever, whenever: We’ve upgraded the creation experience on our mobile app and made it easier to publish, so you can share high-quality work with your community whenever you want.
- Post previews: When you create posts on desktop, you can now preview how they’ll look for your members on desktop, email, and mobile web before you publish.
- Creator likes: From now on, patrons who are eligible to see your post can also see when you like a comment.